What Is Flossing? Purpose, Steps To Follow. - UWE Candy
0
Select Page
What Is Flossing? Purpose, Steps To Follow.
Flossing

Medwin UWE Candy is one of the top manufacturers and suppliers of hard and soft candies. Parents usually are against their kids having sugar products to avoid dental troubles. But that’s not the cause of the problem. The problem is a lack of dental hygiene. Oral health is no joke check this out.

In India prevalence of oral diseases is very high India with dental caries (50%, 52.5%, 61.4%, 79.2%, and 84.7% in 5, 12, 15, 35–44, and 65–74 years old, respectively) and periodontal diseases (55.4%, 89.2%, and 79.4% in 12, 35–44, and 65–74 years old, respectively) as the two most common oral diseases.

(Source https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5353807/ ) and a candy manufacturer we care about your teeth. Otherwise, how would you enjoy them?

The only way to avoid that is to maintain an implacable oral hygrine. Brushing is one way and Flossing is another. It’s an essential component for maintaining our oral hygiene. With regular brushes, you can clean the outside surface of the open teeth (from the side of the cheek, the chewing surface, and the tongue). But with floss, you can clean the area which is present in between two teeth because most of the time food gets stuck between two teeth, which may lead to bone loss and tooth decay. And when you brush your teeth with a toothbrush, it is impossible to reach the spaces between your teeth. Debris can build up in those spaces, gingivitis, and resulting in bacteria. Damage to the gums can result in bone loss than tooth loss. Also, the bacteria that result from the lack of flossing may cause inflammation of the gums. The bacteria & inflammation may get into your bloodstream, and can even result in cardiac and other problems. Also, flossing is the twin job of brushing.

Flossing is a procedure with the help of it we can eliminate the debris from the interdental area. Most of the dental cavities which occur in the interdental area go undetected even by dentists. The use of a water pick is a more comfortable and excellent way to floss. Dental floss is a soft or thin thread made of plastic or nylon which removes plaque and food between our teeth. Many people also use dental tape, which is slightly thicker than floss and easy to use. If you misuse dental floss, it can also harm your gums.

PURPOSE

The primary purpose of flossing is to mainly clean the interdental surfaces between two teeth which form the most neglected and primary areas of food lodgment, leading to cavities, tooth decay, and a host of gum-related problems. Toothbrushing alone manages to clean 65% of tooth surfaces, and the rest 35% is taken care of by flossing and using interdental brushes.

Flossing: Steps to follow?

Take apart about 45 cm approx. 18 inches long is to cut a portion of the floss. And wind it around either the middle finger or the index finger of one hand.

Hold the floss with the thumb of each hand and pointer. The floss between your hands is about 2.5-5cm (1-2 inches) in length.

Dental floss is to be placed between two teeth. And slowly floss it from top to bottom. It has to be rubbed on both sides of the teeth. Then curve it against the tooth in C-shape until the resistance is realized.

Floss is to be held against the teeth and away from the gum, gently scratch the side on it. This will help you to floss below the gum line without causing any damage.

Follow this process for the next gap, along the edge of the next tooth.

Make sure you are flossing between each tooth. Working on a pattern in the whole part of your mouth reduces the likelihood that you will leave any teeth.

Make sure to floss the edge of the teeth at the rear of your mouth.

When to floss teeth?

All teeth should be flossed daily, even the back of the back-most teeth and even teeth without teeth beside them. The main point of flossing is to remove debris and clean teeth in areas inaccessible by brushing alone. The teeth touch each other, and the toothbrush cannot reach directly between the teeth, so flossing between teeth is necessary to keep such areas clean. Flossing behind the back-most teeth and Flossing teeth without adjacent teeth can remove debris that can remain in the pockets between the teeth and the gingival tissue.

TESTIMONIALS

Come Visit us!

MD
Mr. Nishant Agrawal - +91 98930-22816
Mr. Siddhant Agrawal - + 91 98931-93449
Sales Team
Mr. Deepak Jashnani (Business Development Officer) - +91 88396-13348
Office Team
Mrs. Rajshree Bisht (Front Office Executive) - + 91 89624-25202

[email protected]